- 1 Coyote Pellet Grill
- 6 pound Beef Brisket
- Barbecue sauce (optional for basting)
Recommended Seasoning Rub
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper optional for heat
Preparing the Brisket
- Start by trimming the excess fat from the brisket, leaving a thin layer on top for flavor and moisture.
- In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper (if desired). Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
- Season the brisket with your homemade rub and seasonings. Ensure it is thoroughly coated, covering all sides of the brisket.
- Wrap the seasoned brisket tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours, allowing the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Preheating and Smoking on the Coyote Pellet Grill
- Preheat the Coyote Pellet Grill to 225°F (107°C) according to the manufacturer's instructions. Fill the pellet hopper with mesquite wood pellets.
- Place the marinated brisket directly on the grill grates, fat side up.
- Smoke the brisket for a total of 8 hours, maintaining a consistent temperature of 225°F (107°C). Every 4 hours, check the brisket and ensure there are enough wood pellets in the hopper for continuous smoke production.
- After 8 hours, the brisket should be nearly finished.
Resting and Serving
- Check the internal temperature of the brisket using a meat thermometer. The ideal temperature for a perfectly cooked brisket is around 204°F (96°C).
- Once the brisket reaches the desired temperature, carefully remove it from the grill and wrap it tightly in double-layered aluminum foil.
- Let the brisket rest for 30 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and the meat to become tender.
- After resting, unwrap the brisket and slice it against the grain to ensure maximum tenderness.
- Serve the mouthwatering Kansas City brisket with your favorite barbecue sauce, sides, and enjoy the incredible flavors.
Join Tamara Day as she shares her family's secret recipe for the perfect Kansas City brisket. This mouthwatering six-pound brisket is marinated in a blend of secret sauces and seasonings, creating a flavorful and tender dish. The brisket is then smoked on the Coyote Pellet Grill, infusing it with delicious mesquite flavors. After hours of slow cooking, a succulent and satisfying meal will impress your family and friends. Get ready to savor the incredible flavors of Tamra's signature brisket recipe cooked to perfection on the Coyote Pellet Grill! The Coyote Pellet Grill provides precise temperature control, allowing for consistent smoking and excellent flavor infusion. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for safe and efficient operation of the grill.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!