Servings: 8 people
- 1 Coyote Pellet Grill
- 1 10-12 lbs turkey thawed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- generous salt & pepper
- 1 bunch herbs like rosemary, thyme, and sage
Preparing the Turkey
- Ensure the turkey is fully thawed and cleaned. Remove the giblets and neck from the cavity.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Rub a thin layer of olive oil over the skin to help the seasoning adhere.
Seasoning the Turkey
- Generously season the turkey with salt and pepper, both inside and out.
- If you prefer, you can also use your favorite dry rub for extra flavor. Consider a blend of herbs like rosemary, thyme, and sage.
Preparing the Pellet Grill
- Preheat your Coyote Pellet Grill to 225°F (107°C) using your chosen wood pellets.
- Place a drip pan beneath the grates to catch any drippings and prevent flare-ups.
Smoking the Turkey
- Once the grill has reached the desired temperature, place the seasoned turkey directly on the grates or use a poultry rack for easier handling.
- Close the lid and let the turkey smoke at 225°F (107°C). The smoking process will infuse the meat with delicious smoky flavors and ensure a tender texture.
- Smoking time can vary based on the size of the turkey, but a general guideline is about 30 to 40 minutes per pound.
Monitoring the Temperature
- While the turkey smokes, use a meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey without touching bone.
- The turkey is considered safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) in both the thickest part of the breast and the innermost part of the thigh.
Resting & Carving
- Once the turkey reaches the desired temperature, carefully remove it from the grill.
- Allow the turkey to rest for about 20-30 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute within the meat, resulting in a juicier final product.
- Carve the smoked turkey and serve it alongside your favorite sides and condiments.
Enjoy the Fruits of Your Labor
- Gather your guests and indulge in the succulent, smoky goodness of your homemade smoked turkey.
- The smoky flavors, tender meat, and crispy skin will undoubtedly be a hit, making your Coyote Pellet Grill a true star of the feast.
Smoking a turkey on your Coyote Pellet Grill is a rewarding culinary adventure that delivers unmatched flavors and aromas. With attention to detail and the precision of your Coyote Pellet Grill, you'll create a masterpiece that will have everyone at the table asking for seconds. So fire up your grill, embrace the art of smoking, and savor every bite of your perfectly smoked turkey.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!