Coyote Outdoor Living has paired up with Liokareas olive oils and Savor Pittsburgh to celebrate culinary culture and also bring much needed funds for the health and wellness programs spearheaded by Magee Women’s Research Institute and Foundation. To launch the program, Coyote President Jim Ginocchi recently appeared on Pittsburgh Today Live and grilled up his signature Mediterranean-Style Summer Wings.
These chicken wings are bursting with flavor and the aroma is reminiscent of mediterranean coastal towns. The subtly spiced dish is enhanced with Liokareas cold fused oregano olive oil, and a dry meat rub, also a Liokareas gourmet product, that includes paprika, thyme, basil and chili flakes. The wings were smoked, low and slow, on the next generation Coyote Outdoor Living Pellet Grill with hickory flavored wood pellets. During a summer of ‘staycations’, these mediterranean-style chicken wings will take you on a journey to Greece in your own backyard.
Now, through July 10th, you can benefit the science that creates healthier, women, infants and communities with every purchase made on the Liokareas website. Simply enter the code “SAVOR” in the Notes section of the check-out, and 10 percent of the sale will benefit MWRIF. In addtion, using the “SAVOR” code will automatically enter you in a contest to win a 30″ Stainless-Steel S-Series Grill from Coyote that offers the perfect preparation and cooking station for your olive-oil inspired dishes.
1. 3 lbs Chicken wings (add to marinade in large plastic bag – ingredients below)
· ½ cup of Liokareas Cold Fused Oregano Olive Oil
· 2 large lemons, zested and juiced -(about ½ cup lemon juice)
· 6 cloves garlic – peeled and smashed
· 2 tbsp. dried Greek Liokareas Oregano
· 1 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
· 1 tsp. Liokareas Meat Blend (paprika / thyme / basil / chili flakes)
· 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
3. Marinate the wings in the fridge for at least 2 hours
4. Set Coyote Outdoor Living Pellet Grill on Smoke Mode @ 250 degrees for 2 hours (Hickory flavored pellets were used for this recipe)
5. Turn wings often to brown on all sides
6. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley